Are you looking for a way to utilize leftover vegetables? We are happy to share Ho’o Pono Farms Ratatouille. These vegetables are ones that our friends at Ho’o Pono farms usually have on hand, but you do not have to stick to these. We like to use Ho’o Pono’s mixed cherry tomatoes for color and sweetness in this dish instead of large red tomatoes.
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (or more if needed)
- 1 T minced ginger (or more!)
- 1 ½ cups small diced Maui onion
- 1 cup medium diced eggplant
- 1 cup medium diced bell peppers (any color will do)
- 1 cup medium diced zucchini
- 1 cup medium diced yellow squash
- 2 cups chopped cherry tomatoes
- 3 T chopped Basil
- 2 T chopped Parsley
- 2 cups chopped tot-soi (or any other sturdy, leafy green)
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Sauté onions until translucent over medium heat about 7 minutes, add garlic.
2. In the same order as the above, begin to add vegetables about 4-5 minutes apart.
3. Once you have added the cherry tomatoes, simmer for 5 minutes, check consistency. If it is cooked through remove from heat.
4. Season to taste (aggressively if you are going to be serving cold) and then stir in the tot-soi and herbs. Serve hot or cool down in refrigerator and serve cold.
Notes: try to make sure that the vegetables are all cut the same size, this ensures even cooking. A medium dice is ½” by ½”.